Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snacks: Add some color!

All Day Snack Pack
Is your snack colorful? Look at all the different colors in the snack pack above! When you have a busy, long day ahead, pack a bunch of snacks in one easy-to-grab container. Snacking is a great way to keep your metabolism revved.  A great snack is one that combines fat, carbohydrates and protein. Think an apple and a piece of cheese. A small handful of nuts and a small piece of fruit. Edamame and a handful of berries. Celery and peanut butter (One of my absolute favorites!). Also, think of incorporating color(s) into your next snack.

Happy snacking!


Nutrition Facts. 1 large carrot, 2 stalks celery, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 medium apple, 2 ak-mak crackers, 10 grapes, 1 mini baybel light, 1/4 cup mixed nuts n dried fruit.
Calories: 375 Fat: 17 g. Saturated Fat: 2.5 g. Carbohydrates: 48 g. Sodium: 358 mg. Fiber: 11 g. Protein: 14 g.


3 comments:

  1. This is great! You inspired me to make my own snack box for tomorrow...even though it's my day off! Now when I get hungry between meals, I'll just snack out of my snack box instead of grabbing whatever looks good (chips...candy...granola bar that seems healthy but is really candy....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joya- That is so awesome to hear, you just made my day! Healthy snacking :)

    ReplyDelete